filterExpression syntax

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 26, 2007 at 10:02 PM
What is the syntax for the filter expression on the DataChangedEvent? I am attempting to only be notified of changes to my work items...

Thanks
Coordinator
May 4, 2007 at 4:13 AM
Actually you want to listen to the WorkItemChangedEvent. The published version of TfsAlert doesn't account for complex expressions but our upcoming release done. For example currently you can create a filter that looks at work items in a team project as such: " TeamProject = 'Project Name' " . In our upcoming release you can make that as complex as you would like

"PortfolioProject" = 'PROJECTHERE' AND ("CoreFields/StringFields/FieldReferenceName='System.AssignedTo'/NewValue" = 'DOMAIN\USER' OR "CoreFields/StringFields/FieldReferenceName='System.AssignedTo'/OldValue" = 'DOMAIN\USER')

Where you are actually filtering on not the project but also the field AssignedTo.
May 4, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Ideally I would like to receive alerts on all work items 'Assigned To' me. The project is irrelevant, I would like alerts for all projects.

Also, I pulled the latest source but when I open it, I am required to connect to tfs01.codeplex.com. Is my log in the same as my login to codeplex because that is not letting me in?
Coordinator
May 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM
That second filter expression is your key but you will need to use the latest source. No need to wait for our next release just grab the last changset and build it. As for the security, just hit cancel and it will open it up unbound from CodePlex. From there you can just build it and install it.
May 4, 2007 at 6:39 PM
Edited May 4, 2007 at 8:36 PM
Ok, I compiled the latest build and reran the setup to install TFSAlert. Then went into the settings and added the alerts. Now I am receiving no alerts.

What is the name of the file that the settings are stored in? Where is it located?