This project is read-only.

Error executing the tfsalert on windows 7

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Hi, Is this error familiar to someone? How can i workaround this? Thanks.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Oct 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM

What version of Team Explorer are you using?

Clark

Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 7:26 PM
To: Clark Sell
Subject: Error executing the tfsalert on windows 7 [TfsAlert:70870]

Hi, Is this error familiar to someone? How can i workaround this? Thanks.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TfsAlert@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TfsAlert@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I'm using version 0.3.0.0

The error:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Sorry I meant what version of TFS are you using?  It looks like it’s looking for the wrong tfs assemblies to talk to the TFS Object Model.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I have the same issue running in win 2003.

My team explorer is that one who comes with VS 2010

And TFS version is 2010.

Any other question please ask me.

Sorry my english.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem on Windows 7, .Net 4, Visual Studio 2010, TFS 2010. Very irritating... here is event log message:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

-----

Thanks...

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Dear all,

You need to have "Team Explorer 2005" installed on your system, if I'm not wrong.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Yes the current release is built for 2005. I got partway through updating it for 2010 but got pulled away. I believe there isn’t anything to different other than some new references and updated uri scheme.

Clark

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:42 AM
To: Clark Sell
Subject: Re: Error executing the tfsalert on windows 7 [TfsAlert:70870]

Dear all,

You need to have "Team Explorer 2005" installed on your system, if I'm not wrong.