Permissions error when trying to run

Topics: User Forum
Nov 15, 2006 at 9:20 PM
Hi

I've downloaed TFS Aler and got it setup. However when it starts up I am getting an application error and the following log entry

TfsAlert.exe Error: 0 : TF50309: You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation.

I've followed the readme and set up my account, so does anyone have any thoughts on why I would be getting this error?

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2006 at 4:02 PM
Check out this post about how we handle security. Let me know if that helps any.

http://blogs.msdn.com/csell/archive/2006/11/05/tfsalert-and-security.aspx

That info will make it into the next release.
Nov 20, 2006 at 5:00 PM
Thanks Clark. That has worked for me.

Maybe worth noting that I have a standard domain account which uses a smart card and pin for logging in. I tried to set this account up using the method you mentioned in your blog but that failed.
I have had to resort to using another account I have that has standard password authentication.
Nov 20, 2006 at 5:00 PM
Forgot to add great little tool BTW.
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2006 at 3:37 AM
Thanks. We are working on a large release now which will have some great new features. First release was really just the base architecture.

Q. Your login context, since that is off a smart card do the other tfs tools work without prompting like tf.exe?
Oct 24, 2007 at 1:13 PM
I also get the same error TF50309 unless I set every eventType to selected="false". I am not a TFS administrator. Are there some perms I can have my TFS admin set to get this to work for me?